The fountain of words has been sprung!
Up until recently Evie has been saying a few words with regularity. Mama, daddy, Nana, Popeye and the like. Elmo is one of her favorites as is No and Muh (more). All of a sudden about two weeks ago, the child ingested a dictionary and can just about give a speech. Okay, I exaggerate (isn’t that what parents are supposed to do?) but she really has expanded her repertoire quite a bit. And, she has the cutest southern accent. When she doesn’t want to take a nap or go to bed, its “No Niiight niiiight” over and over. Being the good parents that we are, we’re trying to teach her manners, so when she insists on ‘muh’, I’ll say “what do you say?” and she’ll come back with ‘Muh, peas’. Some of my other favorites are ‘He you doe’ for ‘here you go’ and ‘daddy, whe ahr you?’ for ‘daddy where are you’. And then there’s the defiant “No pop!” when I tell her she’s about to get popped for disobeying. (She’s doing it right now because I’m telling her not to plug in the hair dryer).
Hang on…she has just removed her drawers…
Okay…she’s covered again. Is it bad that my 21 month old girl can wear her 3 month old brother’s pants? They kind of look like capris.
Anyways, its not going to be too much longer before she is having semi adult conversations with us. I’m so proud of her! She is just so amazing. She continues to amaze us every day with her intelligence. I feel sorry for anyone that spends time with us because we’ve become ‘those parents’. You know the kind. “Come here and let me show how Evie knows her Alphabet flash cards!” “Watch how fast she can put together this puzzle”. The kind of people that can only be withstood by grandparents and other parents (the other parents biding their time before its their turn to show off their child’s capabilities).
WARNING: POTTY UPDATE
I got several tips from the last post about potty training. Thanks to all of you who offered your words of wisdom. We’re making some progress. She’s been holding in her tee-tee through the night for the most part, so when she wakes up in the morning, the first thing we do is sit on the potty. She doesn’t like it and grumps the whole time, but she always goes eventually. I do my best to make a huge deal out of it. We flush it and then go get two m&m’s. There have been several days where I’ve been able to convice her to go in the afternoon too. We have yet to have a successful poo-poo though. I can not wait until this phase is done with.
Uh oh…John-john is making his Uncle B face…I better go feed him. I will also be glad when he’s not eating every two hours anymore. Any tips on that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can hear her little southern accent. So cute!
We are attempting the potty thing too. She goes all day but we have also had no luck with poo poo. I can't believe Evie goes all night and is dry in the morning. I think that will take Lakyn a while. She drinks too much before bed!
Post a Comment