Wow! Three blog posts in two days! I'm on a roll. I have visited several blogs this morning and early afternoon and they have inspired me to do a little better in posting. I'm sure that I've lost about 90% of whatever audience I had at one point because of my inactivity. Maybe I'll be able to win a few people back. I've discovered that our site has links on several different people's blogs, so maybe a curious passerbyer will click one day.
Anyways, a few thoughts for today:
1.) First and foremost, Happy 28th Birthday to my wonderful Husband Derek. We celebrated a wee bit early on Tuesday. We never can seem to wait until our actual birthdays or anniversaries to get our presents. Historically speaking anyways. I hope that you enjoy your Johnny Cash box set! I know you've been listening to it all day ;-).
2.) I really need to develop a hobby or two. One of the sites that I visited is by a lady that works for Oakstone that sews vintage clothes for kids. I'm not saying that I want to get into the vintage world, but I would like to put that expensive sewing machine that I have to good use. Its been sitting around gathering dust for what, two years now? I'm so ashamed. Now that I have a table to put it on, I need to get it dragged out and greased up. I just need some fabric and some gumption.
There's also a new 'group' here at Oakstone that does scrapbooking once a month. Back in high school, I did a bunch of scrapbooking (okay, I semicompleted one book) and have so many aspirations to pick that back up. I thought I would have so much time once I was a SAHM and would be able to stay on top of it and make one as Evie grew up. Pffft. Yeah. We've got about 3000 pictures of her, all on the computer. And I guess its not really that I don't have time, maybe more of I don't make the time for it. I'm horrible about time management. Which brings me to...
3.) Procrastination. I am tons and tons better than I used to be. I'm making small steps in overcoming this gigantic character flaw. I make the bed up as soon as I get up now. Most days anyways. I try my derndest to not go to bed with the kitchen a mess. The laundry...okay, skipping the laundry. See...its just hard to come from a family where procrastination was normal...expected almost...to a family where nothing gets put off. There's a relative in this family that won't hardly even let you finish your drink before she's washing the cup. I haven't actually experienced that myself, but there are stories that have been passed down.
I am working towards the day that when I wake up, there's not a million little housework things that need to be done before I can do anything hobby related. Will that day ever come? Is it possible to stay so on top of things that it would only take an hour or two each day? I can't tell you how many times I've vowed to myself that 'I am going to get up early in the morning and start working on some of these things before Evie has a chance to get revved up" only to hit the snooze or just turn the alarm off altogether. Any suggestions on how to turn a late afternoon person into a morning person?
4.) We had our employee lunch today at work. It was a tailgate theme, so we had the usual burgers, dogs and chips. I'm paying for it now. I have the worst heartburn and the only tums they have here taste absolutely horrible.
5.) My once a week go to work morning routine got thrown off this morning because I had to actually iron my shirt, so about 30 minutes after sitting out in the sun, I realize that I completely forgot to put deoderant on. I really hope I don't have to come in close contact with any fellow employees today. So far I've been lucky and its always cold in here and I only have 2.5 hours left before I hit the street. I hate it when things like this happen. Maybe I can get away with blaming in on pregnancy forgetfulness.
So this has turned into a pretty decent blog post. I'm hoping that I can keep the momentum going for a while, if for nothing else than to look back in a few years and laugh at my silly thoughts.
Here is the birthday card that Stef sent to Derek. I couldn't stop laughing when I saw it. Its so you, Stef!

2 comments:
Impressive! and "HE"
Congrats again, jason
I think when you have little ones it's hard to ever stay on top of things, or at least that's what I tell myself. Hopefully when they get school age and can help out more (rather than dirtying what you've just cleaned) it will be easier.
Also, hit that snooze right now. I did when I was pregnant. I rested up before having John Luke. I needed it. You do too! But, if you really want to get up, coffee works wonders for getting up early. :)
Post a Comment