We did it! We made it one whole year with no major mishaps or illnesses. Of course, about three days after her birthday, she decided to take a tooth dive into the bathroom floor. When I picked her up there was so much blood that I thought all of her front teeth were gone. After we managed to get her to take a nap and cleaned the blood up, it turned out that she had only cut her frenulum. Anyone know what a frenulum is? I didn't either until we had talked to a dentist. Turns out that just about all kids at some point in their toddlerhood end up cutting this little piece of skin that seems to hold about ninety percent of their blood. Anyways. After the swelling when down, she was fine. Of course the next week she hit her mouth again...twice. Who knows what kind of shape her baby teeth will be in by the time they start falling out.
She had a blast at her birthday party. We had a swimming party over at Derek's aunt Sharon's house (thanks Sharon!). Evie really racked up on the toys. She got an inflatable pool, a bubble mower, a cow grasscutter thingy that moos when you walk it, a watertable, a new orleans chair (that is her favorite so far) and various other toys that I can't think to name right now. She didn't go as crazy over her cake as I was hoping. She doesn't like to have stuff on her hands so she would just pick at the cake and then clean her fingers off. I guess she had had so much sugar in her life to that point that it just didn't impress her. Maybe it will be more entertaining next year.
Here are some pictures from the day:
Oh yeah, a big shout out to her Aunt Stefanie and Future Uncle Brad. They came all the way from NYC and Minneapolis to help us celebrate!
No comments:
Post a Comment