I know. Its been forever since we have posted anything about ourselves. Sorry! Having painfully slow dialup at home is absolutely no fun at all. We keep hearing whispers and rumors of Centurytel expanding its reach to our house, but nothing has come of it yet. We also haven't really had anything very notable to report on lately. Aside from the goats. And the spider lilies.
I don't know what its like where you live, but outside the concreted building that is the home of Oakstone, it is a fantastic day! Seriously, days like today make me wish I was one of the grounds keepers here instead of the one that pays the grounds keepers. I don't think I would quite fit in though. I'm not a boy and I'm not mexican. But whatever.
I realize that because of our neglect of this site that we've probably lost most of the few readers that we had and unfortunately, I have nothing to say at this point that would bring anyone flocking back so I will just leave you with a rather humorous tale of a cat and electricity.
As some of you may already know we came upon the opportunity a few weeks ago of taking in three goats. A daddy a mommy and a baby goat. Why goats? you ask. One word. Kudzu. Oh, and all sorts of other miscellaneous shrubbery that has taken over half of our field. To contain our new four legged family, Derek and his dad put up an electric fence. The goats have discovered that sticking your head on said electric fence isn't so fun (this learned after our goat benefactor jammed their heads into the wires to train them to stay away and not try anything Houdini-like). Rikki was not around for this training session so she was a bit uneducated about the inner workings of electrically charged wires. One day as we're showing the Goats to Laura and trying to get them to eat out of our hand, Rikki decides to try to sneak up on the baby goat. As she's crawling under the bottommost rung her fur brushes against the wire. Nothing happens. She stands up on the other side and her tail barely glances the wire. Still nothing. No sooner had I said "hm. I wonder if its even working" then she turned her head around and proceeded to sniff the wire. The arc from the spark was probably about an inch long. Its dark outside by this time so after 15 minutes of wandering around with a flashlight expecting to find a dead cat we finally find her hiding under a bush.
She has now signed a contract with Lewie the Lightbug on being the poster cat for staying away from electricity.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment