It has come to my attention - by means of lurking on other people's blogs...yes, I admit...I am a lurker...I'm sorry if that offends you, but I don't think there's an internet surfer out there who hasn't been one at some point in time...back to the subject - that blogger has a neat feature where you can email your posts to your blog instead of having to sign in, write what you want to say, post and then wait for the five minutes that it takes to refresh the blog in order for you to see said post. This is great for me because there have been many times where I've been in the middle of work and thought of something blogworthy but wasn't really at a point where I could stop for a prolonged period of time and go through all that mess. Now, all I have to do is send an email. Sweet!
Anyways, I figured this out on Tuesday and have been thinking about it since but every time I bring up the email to write something...I go blank. Just about everytime I step away from my desk though, the thoughts come rushing in. I think there's some sort of connection between "butt in chair" and "creativity gone". I think Derek may have known about this since we started this blog because in some dark dusty corner of my mind I remember him saying something about it. Whatever. I know about it now and have my "secret" email address taped to my computer to remind me to write down my random thoughts of the day and email them in because I know the four of you who actually look at my blog are dying to know just what Leigha has been thinking about today. Here's a few things:
*We'll be leaving for Tuscaloosa after work today for the first time in who knows when that a) we've both gone together and b) we haven't had a wedding or wedding related activities to attend. Although I am bringing my wedding dress to see if my aunt can wear it in her wedding in a few months. We do have two birthday parties that we will be attending however. Aside from that and computering at my parent's house, we're hoping to catch up with some old friends. By that I mean friends our age that we haven't seen in a while...not elderly friends.
*Where can you find some cute, non-cheesy Alabama related atire? Ashley brought this up this morning so at lunch we headed over to Kohl's to look for some. Apparenlty Kohl's is not team spirited because the only thing we could find there were a few sweatshirt jackets. I don't particularly care for the shirts that have cartoons of previous games an elephant standing triumphantly over a vanquished foe with the scoreboard in the background. I do like the t-shirts with Alabama or Bama written across the front, but its time to branch out from the t-shirts.
*Is it really necessary to wear a half a bottle of perfume? There is a lady that works in my building that reeks of too much perfume. I got trapped on the elevator with said lady once for about 3 hours. Okay, maybe it was only about 10 seconds but when you're holding your breath, 10 seconds can seem like 3 hours. Especially when its been forever since you've practiced your breath holding skills. Well, today, after Ash dropped me off from lunch I saw that Smellsalotlady was about two paces behind me in heading towards the door. She's a rather portly woman so I knew that I could definitely beat her inside but if an elevator wasn't ready and waiting, I'd be stuck for another 3 hours. The only solution was to take the stairs. Too bad I work on the 10 floor (sorry, 3rd floor...hmmm...anyone seeing a pattern?) so by the time I made it to my desk I was about to pass out. I guess I'll have to spend the rest of the afternoon recovering.
Bye now!
No comments:
Post a Comment