The Walmart Parking Lot...Rendezvous for Luv....Girl Luv.
Last night I went on a Ladies Night to the movies to see New In Town. We have started making this dinner and a movie a regular thing and we always have a blast. The last movie we went to see was the Bride Wars movie in honor of Tati getting married. We went to see this one in honor of Tati moving to Minneapolis (the movie takes place there). We missed having Stef with us, but we managed to have a little fun. The eight of us (me, Laura, Kristy, Vanda, Sharon, Audrey, Andrea and Lisa) were the only eight in the theatre which was good because we're a loud group.
The movie was good. It was nice to see a movie that wasn't laced with bad language and, as I realized later, had no sketchy scenes. The only thing that could have made it better was if Harry Conick Jr had a singing scene. I have to say though...Renee has seen better days. She looked very pinched and kind of old in the movie.
Now for my main topic...the explanation of the title of this post. After the movie was over, Sharon had to run in Walmart to get Madi some socks...I think they were for Madi. Anyways, me, Laura, Kristy and Vanda sat in the car to wait for her. Let me first set up the sitting situation. Vanda's in the passenger seat, Kristy behind the driver's seat, Laura in the middle and me behind Vanda. Pretty much the only thing I can see without leaning all over Laura is whatever is out the passenger window. So, I'm sitting there listening to the conversation and adding to it as appropriate and looking out my window thinking "uh oh. the people that own that car left their lights on. I hope their car doesn't die before they come back out" because we all know how long a trip to Walmart can take...when all of a sudden Laura gasps "Please tell me those two girls are not about to kiss!!". All four of us proceed to stare at the two girls that are standing out side of an SUV that is parked in front of us. When I look, Girl number one has her hand on Girl number two's neck right below her ear. A gesture that you see guys do to girls all the time before they kiss them...at least in movies anyways. We collectively scream "Ahhh!!" and I'm pretty sure they heard us because they both kind of turned our way. Girl one then gets in the car and sits sideways in the seat so Girl two still has access to her. At this point, I decide that staring is probably not the best thing to do so I sit back and just listen to the play by play from Laura and Vanda. Apparently at some point the girls did start kissing. I'm pretty sure they did it more at that point to play it up to the women staring at them from the blue civic. Its funny to see peoples' reaction to this sort of thing. The couple parked next to us come walking out of Walmart and immediately slow up as they realize what's going on. The slowly get in their car and start to drive off. As they drive off, the man in the passenger seat rolls his window down and hollars something out to them. Kind of cowardly and silly. We just continued to giggle about it until Sharon gets back and rescues us from the unwelcome show. It occured to me as we drove away that we were probably being very judgemental, but as Vanda pointed out from our reaction and the reaction of the couple next to us "That just goes to show that that kind of behavior isn't as accepted as they like to think it is". I'm pretty sure that we would have had a similar reaction (though probably not as grossed out) if we had seen a heterosexual couple making out. Think the moral of the story is, don't make out in the Walmart parking lot if you don't want people staring at you. I mean really. If you have to meet up in the Walmart parking lot, at least get in your back seat or something. The windows are tinted a little more and then people who are just trying to get some socks won't have to be subjected to your amorousity. Is that a word?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Why didn't I get to hear this story first hand? If you hadn't told me about your blog, I might have missed this fascinating bit of info! You know, I would have had to say something had I been there. Probably a good thing I wasn't. We could have ended up getting beat up by two dikes in the WalMart parking lot! Lisa
Post a Comment