We're home! Well, we actually got home yesterday afternoon. They 'released' us from the hospital right at 11:00 yesterday and we were able to make it to Mawmaw and Pawpaw's house in time for some Thanksgiving food and a few rounds of Dominos. It was so nice to eat seasoned food again! Although, I have to hand it to Brookwood on their new food policy. They give you a menu to choose whatever you want from, then you call in your order and bring it to you within 45 minutes. I guess they were having too much waste from people not eating whatever slop they were serving on a given night. My favorite from the options was some chicken quesadillas. They also have a breakroom that was right down from our room with all the ice cream you can eat. I miss Brookwood. Pfft. Yeah right. Anyways, back to the baby. We had an excellent delivery room experience this time. There was nothing wrong with our Evie delivery room experience - except for an annoying birthing nurse that was overly chatty - but this one was better because of the nurse, she was closer to our age and situation and we got to have my doctor deliver John. Because Evie's was unexpected and my doc was going 'off call', the on call doc delivered her. Moving on...we had lots of people there to greet John soon after he was born. His Nana, Papa, Grammie, Papaw, Aunt Stefanie, Mawmaw and Evie were all waiting on pins and needles for us to call them and let them back in the room. They all go to watch him get his first bath. For some reason, this birth took a little more out of me. I didn't start feeling very well until later that evening. Its also been a more painful recovery. Its funny how quickly you forget all this after having a baby stuff and think "I think I want another one". So far I am not thinking that. I may be coming around to the two children idea. I am so ready to feel normal again! Linds, how long did it take you?
So, now were home and trying to get back to life as normal. Mom is here until Monday afternoon to help and Steve is off until the end of December. On top of all that, Aunt Stefanie is here until the end of January, so we have been very blessed to have a lot of help. I really don't know what I would do with out all of them and Derek.
How's Evie handling all of this? So far so good. You can tell that she's a little insecure and acting out a little bit, but she's had a lot of distractions from various family members. She does not like to hear him cry. She also likes to show him to anyone that comes in. Last night was the first night of having both of them sleeping in the same house. Evie slept like a rock, but not so much for John. He woke up about every hour to hour and a half. Derek and I were exhausted this morning. We had to take him to the pediatrician this morning too because, like Evie, his billy rueben's (or however you spell it) are too high. We're hoping to not have to use the light this time. We go back again in the morning to find out. Wish us luck. I'll try to update again soon with more pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I feel normal and I'm ready for a third! Yeah right!!! Recovery after Tatum was actually a quick recovery, and I started feeling good just a few days after delivery.
Hopefully his bilirubin will come down and he won't need those lights! Love the pictures!! He is so cute! I can't wait to see him in person.
-Lindsey
When I was there you said that everything was ok with his bilirubin...did something change that last day?
I am ready to come see him again!!!
-Ash
Post a Comment