Yesterday, we had a pretty lazy day. We took Evie down to the sand and surf around 9:30 in the morning. We wanted to avoid the hottest and busiest parts of the day outside. Of course, busiest in September means about 30 people in a 300 foot length as opposed to 60. Not a whole lot of people here. Anyways, Evie loves the beach. We definitely have a beach baby. She wasn’t scared of the water at all. Granted, she didn’t appreciate the waves knocking her over and spraying nasty tasting water in her face. The salt water has seemed to cure the runny nose that she’s has for about two weeks now. We stayed out by the water for a little over an hour and a half (don’t worry, we were greased up really well with sunblock) before moving to the pool. That wasn’t as fun for her as the ocean though. We went upstairs for some lunch and a nap. Derek and Evie napped and I got to catch up on some HGTV and DIY. Now that’s my idea of a vacation. ;-). Later on, we all went to Doc’s Seafood something or another for some softshell crabs that daddy wanted so bad. It was so-so. I had some crablegs that didn’t last long enough and Derek and Evie split some chicken and vegetables. Since it was still daylight out when we left there we drove around for a while to see if we could see anything neat. We saw a few cranes. Or ospreys or some kind of bird. And of course a zillion seagulls. Oh, I forgot to mention that earlier in the day we were able to see some schools of dolphins go swimming by our beach. While we were in the water, dad said they were jumping and playing about 200 yards from us. So that was pretty cool. Of all the times that I’ve been to Gulf Shores, I’ve never seen marine life that you actually want to come near you.
We’ve had a pretty busy day today. We woke up to mom making French toast and bacon for breakfast. Yum. Then it was off to the outlets for some shopping. Our main point in going was to find Derek some work clothes. We found a decent amount. I have never in my life seen the outlets so deserted. We had our choice of parking places and it was easy to maneuver a stroller up and down the alleyways. It was great! Too bad the dern stores were not having decent sales. We met back up with dad and headed to lunch followed by a trip to the zoo. Yes. The zoo. I had no idea there was a zoo down here. Apparently its featured on Animal Planet or some channel like that. The Little Zoo that Could. It would have been a great diversion if the heat index wasn’t 910. All of the animals were huddled up in whatever shade they could find and we were running from tree shade to tree shade.
That about sums it up. Right now Derek is sleeping and Evie’s pointing at the water and shrieking. She’s ready to go play. I think I’m going to take her in to the bedroom and get her to wake Derek up.
No comments:
Post a Comment