Holy furry farm animals, Batman! Its a goat!
Saturday morning we get up and get ready to go the Black and Blueberry festival at a nursery down the road. We go downstairs and I'm filling up Rikki's food dish and I hear Derek hollar whoa! there's a goat outside!". Rikki and I both run over to the door and Rikki puffs up to
about twice her normal size and runs off. There is a goat standing at the back door looking in at us. I run upstairs and grab my camera. After I took a picture of it I went to open the door to pet it (because, when you see a farm animal in your backyard, you just have to pet it) and it takes off running. We follow it only to find that it has completely disappered! Gone. Nowhere in sight. I don't mean you could see it running into the trees in the distance, I mean vanished. Strange. If we hadn't gotten a picture of it we would have thought we had imagined it. We go on about our day, wondering if we had lost our minds, but eventually decided that it must have been Satan dropping in on us to see what we were up to. Okay, we didn't decide that...I did. So, Sunday morning we go to leave for church and the same thing happens! Its standing in the exact same spot. This time, Derek stands at the window to watch where it runs when I open the door. It ran straight under the sunporch and curls up in the back corner behind the chimney. We looked under there the first time, but didn't see anything. So I go crawling in there in my Sunday clothes trying to pet the thing. It freaks out and runs past me and eventually across the road. The last we saw of it was it running across the field, ears bouncing in the wind. Apparently, it had camped out there for several days because it smells like a barn and there are lots of little piles of goat...stuff. We haven't seen it since, but we're hoping it comes back. Who doesn't want a pet goat? Especially when you have kudzu threatening to take over the backyard.
about twice her normal size and runs off. There is a goat standing at the back door looking in at us. I run upstairs and grab my camera. After I took a picture of it I went to open the door to pet it (because, when you see a farm animal in your backyard, you just have to pet it) and it takes off running. We follow it only to find that it has completely disappered! Gone. Nowhere in sight. I don't mean you could see it running into the trees in the distance, I mean vanished. Strange. If we hadn't gotten a picture of it we would have thought we had imagined it. We go on about our day, wondering if we had lost our minds, but eventually decided that it must have been Satan dropping in on us to see what we were up to. Okay, we didn't decide that...I did. So, Sunday morning we go to leave for church and the same thing happens! Its standing in the exact same spot. This time, Derek stands at the window to watch where it runs when I open the door. It ran straight under the sunporch and curls up in the back corner behind the chimney. We looked under there the first time, but didn't see anything. So I go crawling in there in my Sunday clothes trying to pet the thing. It freaks out and runs past me and eventually across the road. The last we saw of it was it running across the field, ears bouncing in the wind. Apparently, it had camped out there for several days because it smells like a barn and there are lots of little piles of goat...stuff. We haven't seen it since, but we're hoping it comes back. Who doesn't want a pet goat? Especially when you have kudzu threatening to take over the backyard.

1 comment:
When you couldn't find it at first I thought the sucker jumped up on your roof.. But up under the porch is also another good goat hiding spot..
Post a Comment