Monday, September 12, 2005

Football season 2005 started out with a bang...or should I say flood? Derek and I got to Ttown around 12:30 or so and picked up Ashley to go find some free food. We drove to campus and fought our way through the tailgate crowds. After trying on all the hats and looking at all the shirts in the Supestore, we wandered around on the quad for a while. It was strange being back on campus again. Its weird to think that its been a whole year already that we've been away from "home". It almost makes me want to be a student again...but then I remember all the stress and tests and stuff and I'm glad I can just come home and crash and not have to worry about homework. Anyways...we got to the stadium 4 hours before the game started so we could help set up the stand for business. Derek was anointed with the Spatula of Hot Dog with Ashley and I serving as his loyal Hot Dog Wrappers. 450 hot dogs and 6 hours later, we were finally free to watch what was left of the game. We stood at the 50 yard line for a while (where we saw the painted man) before we resumed our positions behind the handicapped people (that would explain the scary girl behind me and Derek in the picture). That's where we were when the sprinklers came on. It looked like we were at a rock concert or something with all the camera flashes going off all over the stadium. The crowd was going crazy. I'm pretty sure that we may have made NBC13 news because the camera man (who looks a lot like jon bridges from the side) was right in front of us when it happened. He turned around and filmed us laughing at the football team. We probably looked like we belonged in the section we were in. Thankfully, Bama pulled out a win on this game.




Derek satisfying his craving for a Milo's hamburger. Yes...while driving.

Jowers mans the grill at The Boys House before the game.


The hot dog king and his loyal subject. Don't they look pretty in their aprons?



What happens when you hold your breath too long.

Big Al...upclose and personal...I touched his hand...


Rain Delay

Ehhh...

We win!


Insert your herding animal noises here...

No comments: