The Cabaniss-Freeman Annual Family Reunion - July 16th, 2005 - Samantha, Alabama
I guess this post will benefit all you cousins that neglected to show up for whatever reason. I mean really, what's more important? Your future career or your family? White-water rafting or your family? Motorcycles? or your family? Just kidding.
Seriously though, you missed some good food and good entertainment, what with our new babies and stories of nearly rabid bats. Its so weird to think that we've started our next generation of porch runners already. I mean, it seems like just yesterday we were dodging bees and wasps as we competed on who was the fastest around the porch. Pretty soon we're going to hear "Trey! Quit chasing Thomas with that spider!" and "Well, Thomas, that's what you get when you run around the porch at full speed". Ah, those were the days.
We also learned this year that, if you see a bat lying on the ground outside the Student Services building on campus...leave it there. If you don't, it might think your finger is a giant tasty bug and latch on. I know, its hard for us Cabaniss' to leave an injured animal alone.
It was good to see all the cousins who were able to come. It seems that as we grow up, it gets harder and harder to get all of us in the same room anymore. We missed all of you who were unable to come and look forward to the next family gathering so we can all catch up!

I guess this post will benefit all you cousins that neglected to show up for whatever reason. I mean really, what's more important? Your future career or your family? White-water rafting or your family? Motorcycles? or your family? Just kidding.
Seriously though, you missed some good food and good entertainment, what with our new babies and stories of nearly rabid bats. Its so weird to think that we've started our next generation of porch runners already. I mean, it seems like just yesterday we were dodging bees and wasps as we competed on who was the fastest around the porch. Pretty soon we're going to hear "Trey! Quit chasing Thomas with that spider!" and "Well, Thomas, that's what you get when you run around the porch at full speed". Ah, those were the days.
We also learned this year that, if you see a bat lying on the ground outside the Student Services building on campus...leave it there. If you don't, it might think your finger is a giant tasty bug and latch on. I know, its hard for us Cabaniss' to leave an injured animal alone.
It was good to see all the cousins who were able to come. It seems that as we grow up, it gets harder and harder to get all of us in the same room anymore. We missed all of you who were unable to come and look forward to the next family gathering so we can all catch up!

Sheila and Trey
Becca, Sheila and Trey
about 85% of the cousins
The grownups
Letting the food settle
Uncle Derek and Thomas
Amy, Aaron and Thomas
Aaron, Thomas and Anthony










2 comments:
Hey cuz. I missed the reunion this year isn't that sad. I wish I could have come but work would not allow it. Thanks for the pictures of Trey and everyone else. At least I get to see some of them. Anyway, I will try to comment more since no one else does and I will talk to you later. Be good (or at least try to). Bye.
Leave all the comments you want. Its fun to go back and look at what people think about what we've put up here. I was sad that you guys weren't able to come. Sheila and your mom said ya'll were coming through in August...be sure and give me a hollar or something.
Post a Comment